Saturday, May 1, 2010

[x] Flandre

The moment I took that last step down the spiraling staircase, a shiver suddenly ran down my spine. I glanced to the left, and then to the right. Nothing was moving. At least, I didn't see anything move. But in this poorly lit basement, I couldn't really see that much. For some reason, I always felt uneasy each time I went down here. And I knew very well that it wasn't my imagination.

"Flan?" I called out. I slowly felt my way toward her room. There was a weak glow of light coming from inside, so she would probably be busying herself with -

"BANG!"

Ugh, damn it all! I stepped back and rubbed my head. That was careless, walking into something hung from the ceiling. I squinted to see what it was, but after a while, I had to give up. I really couldn't see much in this damned darkness.

"Let's wait till my eyes adjust," I mumbled. As was my habit to calm myself, I carefully took off my silver-rimmed glasses and started to polish them. I couldn't see much of anything without wearing these when I was upstairs or outside, but in this pitch-black basement, it made no difference at all. It was a strangely pleasant feeling, not having to rely on these things once in a -

"MMPH!"

Someone's hand was over my mouth. Then, another hand quickly covered my eyes. I tried to struggle, but I was somehow held in place with surprising force.

"Careful now," whispered the darkness. "If you move, I might break you~"

"Mmph!?"

"Or maybe, you came down here because you want to be broken?"

I recognized her voice immediately. But that only worsened my fears. Flandre had already broken my arm once before. I didn't feel like reliving that experience. Therefore, I decided to take the most logical course of action. Raising my hands in the air slowly, I gave her the signal of surrender.

"Aww... but that's no fun!" she said as she let go. "You hardly ever come down to visit me anymore! Can't you play along, even just a little bit?"

"How about that game we played this morning? The one at the library?"

Flandre just folded her arms and pouted at me.

"It doesn't count when I come up to visit. You really don't know anything, do you?"

"Huh? I don't get it."

She sighed and shook her head. Taking my hand, she slowly led me through the darkness toward her room.

"Of course you don't," she said. "Talking to you is like eating a sweet bun from the wrong side."

No comments:

Post a Comment