Sunday, June 20, 2010

Under the Scarlet Moonlight: Endless Silver


[x] A romantic song

Two figures flying under moonlight~♪
Human and Youkai, meeting in secret~♪
What stories do they tell at night~♪
Tales that make this girl's chest feel tight~♪

I just want to sing a tender song~♪
Hug me? Hug me? Only if you listen~♪
I just want to sing a tender song~♪
Kiss me? Kiss me? Only if you listen~♪

You can't see beyond this stand~♪
I'm just a night bird, singing in the darkness~♪
Blinded and lost, just hold my hand~♪
Close your eyes, listen as I whisper softly and~♪

I'll be your night bird, only for you~♪
But only if you listen~♪


I clapped politely for Mystia, and the gateguard beside me cheered loudly. The stand owner blushed a little at the applause. The mood was pretty good this evening. Since we were the last customers here, she said she would sing something for us as 'special service'. Well, it wasn't really unusual for her to sing while working, but even I thought that her last song was surprisingly good. Either that or the alcohol was starting to get to me. Still good fun, though.

"You have a great voice, Mystia," I said. "Why don't you perform at the village one of these days? With a voice like that, you could easily become a big hit."

"R-really? But the humans there get angry whenever I sing~"

"Maybe you should stop making them night-blind, then?"

The sparrow girl stuck out her tongue and winked. She was still a youkai at heart.

"Red in the night, kidnap some humans~"

We were interrupted by the loud clatter of a drinking cup.

"One more," cried Meiling. "Give me one more!"

"Eh? Haven't you had enough?" I said. "You already had quite a few and -"

The gate guard narrowed her eyes at me.

"I said that I'm not finished yet," she grumbled.

"Alright, here's another for our favored regular~"

I apologized silently as Mystia poured another drink for Meiling. The sparrow girl was starting to look tired, but she still managed to smile for her customers. 'This was going to be a really long night,' I thought to myself. And sure enough, we stayed there for quite some time. It was only when the gate guard finally passed out that we stopped.

"Are you sure that you can get back safely? I can go with you, if you like~"

"We'll be fine," I said. "You've done more than enough. Thanks, Mystia."

With that, I started going down the path carrying the unconscious gate guard on my back. Truth be told, I was a bit tipsy myself. It didn't help that I was carrying a heavy sawed-off rifle across my shoulder. And Meiling wasn't exactly that light. After a few minutes of walking, I found that I was starting to get pretty tired. Ugh, not good. It looked like I had no choice but find a place where we could stay the night. Someplace close.

Three roads diverged in a wood, and we took the one that led to...
[ ] The Human Village.
[ ] The Antique Store - Kourindou.
[ ] The Bamboo Forest of the Lost.

No comments:

Post a Comment