Thursday, July 29, 2010

[x] Visit Remilia's room at the second floor.

"Wait! W-Where are you going?"

I had almost made it out of the Voile Library when someone called out my name. 'How inconvenient,' I thought. While I wasn't really trying to sneak out, I didn't want to complicate things unnecessarily. I turned around to see a familiar blonde haired fairy maid standing with her hands clasped together. She hastily cleared her throat when our eyes met.

"I mean, where are you going, Master?"

"Where am I going?" I repeated. "Interesting question. Perhaps I should ask you, instead: where should I be going?"

"..."

We stared at each other in silence for a moment. Elena lowered her head first.

"Forgive me, Master," said the fairy maid. "But I believe you should stay here in the library, where you will be safe."

"The library? Hmm. You may be right in saying that this is the safest place in the mansion right now. I can't really argue against that."

"So you'll stay here?"

I shook my head and smiled at her gently.

"I order you to stay in the Voile Library and protect the other residents until I return."

And with that, I closed the doors behind me and stepped into the hallway alone. I unholstered my rifle and held it ready in my arms. There was no clue to how powerful the murderer was, or what kind of magic techniques he could use. But even then, I moved on. This person killed my friend and three other innocents. I couldn't just sit down and wait until someone from the mansion was discovered to be the next victim. Just thinking about it made me shudder. No. This must end here.

I reached the staircase to the second floor without incident. The hallways were abandoned, but they remained well-lit. At least, the basic utility magic around the mansion was still intact. The thought of wandering around this place in the dark with just a torch or candle gave me the shivers.

Before long, I found myself standing before the door to Remilia's room. While I was certainly enraged at these murders, I wasn't enough of a fool to believe that I could fight back alone. If there was someone who could take back control in a situation like this, it was that vampire girl.

I knocked on the door softly. No answer. Then, I started knocking hard while calling out Remilia's name. Still no answer. I tried the handle, but the door was locked. That was strange. Was she ignoring me?

"..."

A chill ran down my spine. I couldn't understand why, but I felt absolutely certain that Remilia was in this room. And she wasn't answering.
[ ] Bang loudly on the door.
[ ] Try to kick the door open.
[ ] Carefully set the door on fire.
[ ] Blast the lock open with the rifle.

No comments:

Post a Comment