Saturday, July 17, 2010

[x] Pierce

My eyes were wide open. Something had gone wrong. Terribly wrong, it seemed. I took a moment to put on my glasses. Then without hesitation, I jumped off the bed and readied myself. I was still wearing my clothes from yesterday. That gave me one less thing to worry about. After putting on my coat, I checked my rifle. It was still loaded, but I still felt uneasy. I turned to my closet and opened it, revealing a large ammo crate in the corner. Then, I grabbed a fist full of bullets and filled my coat pockets.

"Clink!"

Ah, that! I pulled out the crystal vial and stared at it for a moment. Within the vial was a small tongue of fire that danced brightly. For some reason, it didn't go out during the entirety of yesterday. Odd, but I didn't think much of it this morning. After moving it to my pants pocket, I continued taking more ammo. And as soon as I decided that I had enough, I heard someone knock lightly on the door. Someone I had expected.

"Come in," I said.

The door swung open and my personal maid stepped inside. Unlike most of the fairy maids, Elena refused to adorn her hair with ornaments. When I asked her about it before, she said that they interfered with her wavelengths or something. But that was the last thing on my mind right now.

"Did you hear it too?" I asked her.

"..."

Elena gave me the smallest of nods. I immediately understood and sighed. My suspicions were confirmed.

That scream I heard earlier wasn't a dream.

"What are your intructions?"

"Miss Sakuya ordered me to ensure your safety. She wants you to stay in your room."

"I see. So does that mean that you will stop me from leaving?"

The fairy maid hesitated for a moment before speaking.

"Lady Remilia's instructions take precedence over the chief maid."

Elena took her time to say those words slowly and carefully. Remilia had assigned her as my personal maid, and my instructions were to be taken as if it were from the vampire herself. I got the gist of what she meant, but I was rather surprised.

"What exactly are you trying to say?"

The fairy maid gave me a determined look.

"If you give me the order, I shall lead you to the scene."

[ ] Wait quietly in your room.
[ ] Have Elena lead you to the scene.
[ ] Pass by somewhere first. (Specify)

No comments:

Post a Comment