Saturday, July 10, 2010

[x] "Not yet. I shall make a few revisions."

For a short moment, my mind was completely blank.

"Huh?"

I found myself standing alone in the hallway. Seemed like I was headed somewhere. But for some strange reason, I couldn't remember where. I scratched my head as I tried to focus. And as I did, I absent-mindedly glanced at my watch.

1:15 PM

Ah, that's right! Meiling, Flandre and I were playing a game of Twister this morning. We fought bravely against the cunning vampire, but the game ended the same way as it always did. During the final round, the little sister used a combination of mind games and dirty tricks to lower my guard. Needless to say, I lost my balance and my elbow hit the ground first. But not without knocking the other two girls down as well. We all crashed down in a confused tangle of sweat and bodies. I vaguely remember feeling something big and bouncy land on my right shoulder, while something soft and smooth pressed against my left thigh. But before I could see what those were, I heard a shrill scream (or two?). Then, everything went black.

I awoke in one of the sitting rooms in the first floor. The moment I sat up, Meiling started apologizing repeatedly, but I didn't understand the reason. In any case, I didn't seem injured, so I told her not to worry about it. When I asked her what happened with the game, she didn't say much. The only thing she told me was that Flandre had decided to head back to her room. The vampire said that she was tired, and she would decide on my consequence at some other time.

Since the vampires were asleep, I was alone at lunch. But that was nothing unusual. There was never much activity in the mansion during this time of the day. So I quickly finished my food and headed out. There was something that I could only do at this time.

Something very important.

"...but what was it, exactly?"

1:30 PM

I sighed loudly as my mind returned to the present. Here I was, standing around somewhere in the first floor. There was no one else nearby. And when I checked myself, I seemed fine. All my things were accounted for, including my rifle. The gun's weight put me at ease.

"Now then..."

Where shall I go?
[ ] The East Wing. Sakuya wanted to talk privately.
[ ] The Voile Library. Patchouli discovered something.
[ ] Nowhere in particular. Continue wandering aimlessly.

No comments:

Post a Comment