Friday, April 30, 2010

[x] Walk around the village.

"Eh, you still have some business in the village?"

"Not really, no. But I do feel like stretching my legs once in a while."

"Hmm," said Sakuya. "Well then, be sure to get back by dark. If you come home late, your dinner will get cold."

"Eh?" I replied, surprised. She usually wasn't the type to let me wander around freely. I raised an eyebrow at her. She just folded her arms and slightly averted her eyes.

"After all that's happened," she said, lowering her voice. "I just thought that you should enjoy yourself once in a while."

Enjoy myself? Now that's new. Hmm...

"And if I said that I'd enjoy some time in the village together with you?"

Sakuya stared back, poker-faced. She was clearly on guard now, and I couldn't tell what she was thinking. I stood my ground and waited. A minute passed before she relaxed and turned back to the path.

"I need to get back to the mansion," she said. "There are certain arrangements that I can't postpone."

I sighed. Well, it wasn't like I didn't expect this kind of answer from the chief maid. What I didn't expect was what she said as she started walking away.

"Perhaps," whispered Sakuya. "Perhaps another time."

No comments:

Post a Comment