Friday, April 30, 2010

Prologue


"A gift? For me?"

I smiled gently at Sakuya. Her cheeks grew red as she looked up at me, then at the gift, and then back again. The chief maid just stared in surprise. I couldn't help but feel myself blush a little at this fresh look.

"I thought you might like it," I said to her. "It thought that it was something that matched your style, and it was the only one left in stock."

"May I?" whispered Sakuya.

"Go ahead. Open it."

Very carefully, she tore off the wrapping paper, revealing a small wooden box. She took a moment to examine it, but the container was unmarked. Sakuya looked up at me, completely puzzled. Then, she opened the box.

"Ah! This is..."

[ ] A music box.
[ ] A hand mirror.
[ ] A litte red hood.
[ ] A handful of coins.
[ ] A pair of eye glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment