Friday, April 30, 2010

[x] A music box.

"Ah! This is.. a music box?"

Sakuya scrutinized the gift closely. Her face had a far more serious expression than I had expected. She opened and closed it a few times, listening carefully to the melody. I found myself swallowing from nervousness.

"Is something wrong?" I asked her.

"This design," she said without looking back. "I've seen this before. Didn't the little mistress own something like -"

She turned to me, frowning. I found myself taking a step back. Was I going to go under interrogation? This just didn't seem fair. Not at all. But after all we had been through in the past, my body was already preparing itself for the punishment. Her eyes widened.

"Ah!"

I closed my eyes tight. Was she going to pin me to a tree with her knives? Or perhaps, she was going to shred my shirt and pants to pieces and force me to walk through the village naked? Well, the last time this happened, she only dragged me to the Forest of Magic and left me to die. Looking back, she really was starting to show restraint.

"Please don't misunderstand! I do appreciate the present. Thank you very much."

Huh? I opened my eyes to see her bowing before me. For a split second, I had a very interesting view of her chest. My lips broke into a small smile. I quickly burned the image into my retinas before she stood up straight.

"Don't mention it," I managed. "I thought for a second that you didn't like it. I guess I really don't know how to pick out gifts."

She shook her head vigorously.

"I'll treasure this!" cried Sakuya.

Her voice was surprisingly loud, and a few of the villagers turned their heads in our direction. I laughed uneasily. Realizing herself, she quickly cleared her throat and looked away.

"I'll treasure this," she whispered. "Always."

[ ] Visit the lake.
[ ] Walk around the village.
[ ] Head back to the mansion.

No comments:

Post a Comment